Palliative Care Capstone Projects, Sistema Universitario de Colorado
Acerca de este Curso
In the Capstone Course you have the opportunity to put what you have been learning about in the Palliative Care Specialization into practice. Our team has created five activities that directly relate to what you have been learning in the course. You will need to talk with someone you know, perhaps a friend or family member, about their experiences living with serious and life limiting illness. You may want to engage several people as you go through the 5 assignments as they each will have unique experiences.
The Five Assignments:
1) Use the Nature of Suffering Evaluation Form to guide your conversation with someone living with serious illness and report and reflect on how this illness is impacting different aspects of their lives.
2) Using SNAP/Self-Awareness skills explore the values of someone close to you and your own values as relate to health, illness and dying.
3) Using the WILDA tool complete a pain assessment with someone living with serious illness.
4) Using the ESAS tool complete a physical symptom assessment with someone living with serious illness.
5) Have a conversation with someone you know about Advance Care Planning. In the assignment you will focus on who would be the person that they would want to speak for them if they could not speak for themselves, often known as the MDPOA.
When you successfully complete all 5 of these assignments and the other course work you will earn the Coursera Specialization Certificate in Palliative Care. More importantly you will be prepared to help others live well with serious and life-limiting disease....