Sep 07, 2016
I like it and I did never imagined the abundance of its content based on today's market.\n\nReally the course helped me a lot and immediately started implementing what I learned.\n\nThank you Coursera
Jan 07, 2018
Very well done, these teachers and other important figures involved in the course are sharing extensive knowledges and they are teaching very clearly making the topic easy to comprehend, BRAVO!!!
por Mascia M•
Jun 09, 2017
interesting and clear
por Daniele A R•
Mar 13, 2018
Review assignments by colleagues I believe is not the best way to learn and avaluate, teachers must do that, our grades must be given by teachers.
por Chen T E M•
Jan 18, 2016
Very insightful. Highly recommended for anyone who is new to hotel revenue management. A good foundation course for hotel marketing and distribution.
por Goutham B•
Nov 02, 2015
Test review for this course
por Hugo M M•
Mar 02, 2016
Great course for introducing the fundamentals of hotel management and hotel distribution. This course enables us to learn important concepts related to hotel distribution and apply them in real-life situations through the course assignments. As well as this it is not necessary any relevant background to understand the concepts presented however it may be recommended basic financial/economics knowledge.
I think that adding some quizzes during the videos would be interesting and productive as it would allow students to assure that all the concepts were understood.
por Jill F•
Oct 18, 2015
Subjects are not covered in depth but it's a comprehensive overview. Looking forward to the next courses in the specialization.
por Nikhil H•
Jul 11, 2017
Very thorough with the current practices and trends, the fundamentals of hotel distribution introduces you to key opportunities present to a manager and explores evolving avenues that the hotel owner must keep up with. The bird's eye view of distribution helps one understand the complexity of the industry in today's times.
por Regina L•
May 28, 2018
Very Good - just needs a little update but otherwise highly recommended
por Bhuban C U•
Sep 23, 2018
I am satisfied about this course and if you give me this opportunity to work with us.
por Ross M•
Sep 04, 2018
por Sergei S•
Apr 19, 2019
Due to date of publication some information is out of date. Few links are missing and some parts need to be revised. But overall this course is absolutely essential for anyone willing to put the base under his knowledge of hospitality.
por Antonio V•
Jun 02, 2019
I think its great basic course .
Feedback on the coursework its too slow , however there is great content in it.
por Simone L•
Jun 23, 2019
Very good course, maybe more multiple choice test.
por Alessandro C•
Feb 14, 2016
Great content- videos and assignments were fantastic.
Little partecipation and interaction with staff and other partecipants makes the course lose a lot of its attractiveness- most of the concepts are not rocket science and one would really benefit from confrontation with other students.
por Alesya S•
Feb 05, 2016
Jumping through the abbreviations, sometimes forgetting to mention what it is at all. Also the second professor was to difficult to u
Dec 03, 2015
this course was not unto the standard i even completed all the assignment i did not pass one and still i got time to redo the assignment and submitted and never got the grade back for it..
por Fabiana F d L•
Dec 23, 2015
In my humble opinion it is necessary to review some points in this module:
1) Video Content: Making more dynamic, switch between explanations and slides in full screen. Only explanations, it is very tiring to attend the classes. The video would be ideal as shown in week 4 of this Mooc: How the hotel shouldnt work with Expedia? or video: How to hotel shouldnt work with Booking.com?
2) Analysis requested: In the first week the requested analysis was of a very high level, it required knowledge of financial analysis and hotel area. In my case, I felt much difficulty because I do not have any knowledge in the hotel industry. And analyzing the exercise, I realized it was necessary to have knowledge of financial ratios of profitability and a certain familiarity in the hotel industry. I left a comment on the discussion board stating that I was not feeling safe to do the exercise. However, there was no demonstration by the teachers of the course.
In short, I was not feeling prepared, let alone analyze colleagues. The first time, did not get the minimum score. The second time, with the longest time, I could better perform the exercise. But rather it was the result of review of financial ratios and other other accessories. I realized that those who examined me in the first and second time, had little or no idea about financial analysis. And another point that struck me was that one of the people who fell for me to analyze, was all in white and the person apologized for failing to do. With nothing to analyze, I did not think fair to give a low rating, so I preferred not to analyze. If the person left blank, something needs to be revised.
When mounting a course, you have to take into consideration that there are different levels of students: beginner, intermediate and advanced in the subject matter.
The first week was not to have been given is analysis. It could have been the third or fourth week of this Mooc, so it would have time for a further deepening of the matter addressed.
3) Amount of content: Adding the video, quiz and analysis, are about 30 content. It is very tiring and little time for such content. Could decrease the amount of video and quiz, relocating to another week course or Mooc.
4) Feedback: Teachers need to leave a contact way (facebook, twitter, etc.) and be active in Coursera forum or leave a wizard to ask questions when needed.
5) Notes: He missed the weight of the notes. I found a little confusing the allocation of notes.
6) Curriculum: Missed curriculum (biography) of teachers. No contact information.
7) Books: Missed suggestions of books in the hotel industry.
Anyway, these are only observed points in order to contribute to development of course. Thanks for listening.
por Mario P•
May 28, 2019
I find the course very basic.
por Shana F•
Mar 14, 2016
There are some website errors. Also I think the videos could be better
por STAVROS T•
Dec 20, 2017
por Jim L•
Oct 27, 2017
I spent quite a bit of time going through the week one course material in "The fundamentals of hotel distribution" class and submitted a quality assignment. However, I was extremely disappointment when the peer review assignment resulted in a failed grade. This process is surprisingly subjective and unfair since my success hinges on the way a fellow student, who doesn't know the material yet either, thinks of my assignment. I feel like the grades need to be more objective and not at the whim of my peers, so seems like I'm wasting money.